House lifts mask mandate - for fully vaccinated lawmakers and Capitol staff
- Fully vaccinated lawmakers and
Capitolstaffers no longer have to wear maskson the Housefloor.
- Capitol attending physician Brian P. Monahan announced the new guidance on Friday.
- The easing of restrictions come a month after the CDC announced fully vaccinated people can go maskless indoors.
Fully vaccinated members of Congress and staffers are no longer required to wear masks on the House floor, the Capitol attending physician Brian P. Monahan announced Friday.
The updated rules state that lawmakers who are not yet fully vaccinated against
The easing of restrictions is consistent with guidance released by the CDC last month, which determined that fully vaccinated individuals can stop wearing masks indoors at gatherings of any size.
Despite the CDC guidance, Monahan at the time had refused to update House mask-wearing requirements as vaccination rates within the Capitol, especially among
When previously criticized by GOP members over the issue, House Speaker
"It's not a, shall we way, subjective decision," the top Democrat said last month. "This is about science and governance."
On Friday, Monahan said that the new rules come "in response to considerable rate of vaccination participation and diminishing daily evidence of disease transmission in our community." According to a senior Democratic aide, Congress has achieved an 85% vaccination rate.
Pelosi's office did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons