House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says Biden should run for reelection in 2024: 'He has accomplished so much'
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said President Joe Biden should run for reelection in 2024.
- "He has just done so many things that are so great," she said of Biden while on ABC's "This Week."
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday said that President Joe Biden should run for reelection in 2024, expressing that he has "accomplished so much" since entering the Oval Office.
During an appearance on ABC's "This Week" with host George Stephanopoulos, the California Democrat was enthusiastic about a second Biden term. The party is coming off a midterm election cycle where the party defied historical norms by holding onto the Senate and potentially maintaining control of the House — a prospect that most political observers thought was highly unlikely.
"He has just done so many things that are so great," Pelosi said. "He's put money in people's pockets, vaccines in their arms, children back to school, people back to work — for starters."
"He has made America independent by passing the CHIPS bill, so we're no longer reliant on those who would withhold products that enable to us to manufacture in our country," she continued.
—ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) November 13, 2022
The speaker also touted the nearly $370 billion included in the Inflation Reduction Act that is allocated for climate initiatives, which was long-sought by congressional Democrats.
While Biden has maintained it is his intention to run for reelection in 2024, he has not yet made an official determination.
The president struggled with his approval ratings for most of the year, but the last few weeks saw an uptick in voter support.
Pelosi said that Biden would have a lot of successes to point to in a 2024 campaign. Since last year, Congress has passed a raft of prominent laws, including the bipartisan infrastructure bill and gun reform legislation.
"All of it with justice, with equity, with inclusiveness. He has been a great president and he has a great record to run on," she added.
If Biden seeks the White House again, he might once again face former President Donald Trump, who could announce a campaign as soon as this week.
- 10 Must do activities on your next trip to Goa
- Domestic GDP growth on firm footing, growth slightly revised upwards: SBI study
- BMW M2 comes to India: Here’s how it compares with top sports cars in the country
- India’s most gruesome murders and their deadly modus operandi
- JioTag — A pocket-friendly alternative to Apple AirTag for finding your lost belongings