Hungary's leader Viktor Orbán bashed Western Europeans for 'mixing with non-Europeans' and said Hungarians 'do not want to become a mixed race'
- Hungary's Prime Minister
Viktor Orbánbashed the comingling of Europeans with non-Europeans.
- Orbán said in a Saturday speech that Hungarians "don't want to be a mixed race."
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said that his country's citizens have no interest in fraternizing with non-Europeans, according to Radio Free Europe.
Orbán idealized an "unmixed Hungarian race" while speaking at Baile Tusnad Summer University located in central Romania on Saturday. He argued that Europeans should not mix with "non-Europeans."
"We move, we work elsewhere, we mix within
The conservative prime minister also argued that "the west is split in two," according to Daily News Hungary.
Half, he said, are countries where European and non-European people intermingle. "Those countries are no longer nations," he said. He did not name any specific nations but pointed to Western Europe, per the Daily News
He also said that the countries where Europeans and non-Europeans intermingle "continue to fight central Europe to change us to be like them."
"In a spiritual sense, the West has moved to central Europe," he added.
Orbán, who was re-elected for a fourth term in April, is an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin and was endorsed by former President Donald Trump. He has been praised by some American conservatives but is considered an authoritarian nationalist who is vocally anti-immigrant.
Throughout his speech on Saturday, Orbán also touched on Russia's war against Ukraine and the role he believes the US should have, The Daily Mail reported.
"A new strategy is needed which should focus peace talks and drafting a good peace proposal... instead of winning the war," he said, adding: "As Russia wants security guarantees, this war can be ended only with peace talks between Russia and America."
Orbán and the Hungarian Office of the Prime Minister did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World