Indiana state representative proposed bill to outlaw erectile dysfunction drugs in light of abortion ban
- Indiana Rep. John L Bartlett proposed an amendment to the states abortion ban to outlaw erectile dysfunction drugs.
- "If, in fact, an unwanted pregnancy is an act of God, then impotence is an act of God," he said.
Indiana Representative recently proposed an amendment to the state's abortion law that would outlaw erectile dysfunction drugs.
State Representative John L. Bartlett, who represents Indiana House District 95, proposed an amendment to Indiana's abortion law to outlaw the sale, prescription, or distribution of erectile dysfunction drugs and other male sexual incompetence drugs.
Speaking in the Indiana House of Representatives, Bartlett, a Democrat, said, "We're forcing young girls to be mothers but not forcing the men to be fathers."
—Heartland Signal (@HeartlandSignal) August 4, 2022
" If, in fact, an unwanted pregnancy is an act of God, then impotence is an act of God. I think the onus should be put on men for these pregnancies."
When bill leader Republican Wendy McNamara responded, saying "I will measure my comments as I don't want to get in trouble, but please oppose this amendment."
Democratic Bartlett said, "some may think this is a joke, but it takes two people for a pregnancy to come about, and to put all the onus on the woman, I just think it's unfair."
Bartlett's amendment failed on a voice note, whereby members of the House will shout yay or nay to signal their support (or lack thereof).
The State's Governor signed the bill into law hours after it was put on his desk. The new law is a strict ban on abortion, only with exceptions on the conditions of rape or incest before 10 weeks after fertilization and in cases where the pregnancy threatens the life of the pregnant individual.
The bill adds an additional exception if "the fetus is diagnosed with a lethal fetal anomaly."
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- Samsung launched Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?
- RBI cancels license of Pune-based Rupee Cooperative Bank, says 99% depositors will receive full refund
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Best electric rice cookers in India in 2022