Ivanka Trump is eyeing Florida to kick-start her political career and could opt to run for Senate, sources say
- Ivanka Trump is considering the state of
Floridaas the place to launch her political career, sources close to her told CNN on Friday.
- The reports come as the first daughter and husband
Jared Kushnerrecently spent over $30 million on a waterfront lot on Indian Creek village, a private island for the super-rich in Miami's Biscayne Bay.
- "Ivanka definitely has political ambitions, no question about it," one source told CNN. "She wants to run for something, but that still needs to be figured out."
- One option for Ivanka Trump could be a run for the US Senate, Adam C. Smith, the former Tampa Bay Times political editor, told CNN.
Ivanka Trump is considering to "run for something" and is eyeing Florida as a potential place to kick-start her political career, sources close to her told CNN on Friday.
The first daughter, who has plenty of experience campaigning for her father, is drawn to The Sunshine State not only because her family owns property there - but also because it offers a good political opportunity, a source told CNN.
Florida voted for President Trump in the 2016 and the 2020 presidential election.
"Ivanka definitely has political ambitions, no question about it," the source told CNN. "She wants to run for something, but that still needs to be figured out."
One possibility for the first daughter could be to run for the US Senate, Adam C. Smith, the former Tampa Bay Times political editor, told CNN.
"Marco Rubio is up for reelection in 2022 and is expected to run again," he said, according to CNN. "But I wouldn't think Rubio would deter her if she wanted to run. The last time Marco Rubio ran against a Trump in Florida, in the 2016 presidential primary, Rubio was crushed by 19 percentage points."
However, Ivanka would need to have resided in Florida for at least two years before the election.
Another source close to the first daughter cautioned against reading too much into her political ambitions, noting that he and Kushner had been looking for a new home in Florida for a while.
The reports come as the couple, who have three children, recently dropped over $30 million on a waterfront lot on Indian Creek village, a private island in Miami's Biscayne Bay.
The exclusive island has been nicknamed "Billionaire Bunker" because of its very wealthy residents, including billionaire investor Carl Icahn and supermodel Adriana Lima.
The couple is turning to Florida as New York City's social elite are likely to reject them, even though both lived in the city before moving to the Capitol.
In a tell-all essay on Vanity Fair last month, the first daughter's childhood friend, Lysandra Ohrstrom, wrote that she hopes the pair would not be able to reclaim their old social life after Trump's presidency.
"I expect Ivanka to find a soft landing in Palm Beach instead, where casual white supremacy is de rigueur, and most misdeeds are forgiven if you have enough money," Ohrstrom wrote.
Kushner and Ivanka Trump are not the only ones considering moving to Florida in the next few months.
President Trump has reportedly asked for renovations to be made to his Mar-a-Lago residence. First Lady Melania Trump is scouting schools in the area for their son Barron, People reported last week.
Sources close to the first lady also said this week that she's been planning on life after the White House and "just wants to go home."
The first family is set to move out of the White House on January 20, with Trump plotting a dramatic exit, including flying to Florida on Air Force One to hold a televised farewell rally.
Ivanka Trump has not yet commented on her plans after the White House but has also not ruled out a future run for office.
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the red amid negative global cues – TVS Motor, Adani Enterprises, HDFC among stocks to watch out for
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World