Ivanka Trump's Instagram account was flooded with angry comments after she posted photos of herself getting a COVID-19 vaccine
- Ivanka Trump shared photos of herself getting a COVID-19 vaccine and encouraged others to do so.
- She was met with angry comments from people saying that they wouldn't and that she'd made a mistake.
Ivanka Trump shared photos of herself getting a coronavirus vaccine on her Instagram and Twitter accounts on Wednesday but was flooded with comments from people who were angry with her for getting the shot.
Trump encouraged others to get vaccinated, writing: "Today, I got the shot!!! I hope that you do too!"
-Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) April 14, 2021
But several people responded that they wouldn't do the same, and some spread conspiracy theories about the vaccine.
Many users simply posted messages like "No," Nope," or "Why?" Others claimed that she was making a mistake.
The Associated Press reported that she received the Pfizer vaccine in Florida, where people 16 and above are eligible. She told the AP in a statement that "getting vaccinated is our best way to beat this virus and protect ourselves and others."
The AP reported, citing two sources, that Trump had been eligible for vaccination when she was working at the White House but chose to wait.
As Insider's Eliza Relman reported, Trump is the first member of her immediate family to publicize that she got vaccinated. Her father, former President Donald Trump, was quietly vaccinated alongside the first lady in January.
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared
- Global crypto market hits $1.5 trillion as panic buying fuels Bitcoin price