Joe Biden says Trump is like the Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels
Joe Bidenhas compared President Donald Trumpto Joseph Goebbels, who masterminded Hitler's Nazi propaganda machine.
- "You say the lie long enough, keep repeating it, repeating it, repeating it, it becomes common knowledge" Biden explained.
- The former vice president also compared Trump to Fidel Castro.
- The Republican Jewish Coalition called on the former vice president to retract and apologize for his comments.
Donald Trump is like the Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels, Joe Biden has said, as he accused the president of deliberately spreading lies about him on the campaign trail.
The Democratic presidential nominee told MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle that the president was "sort of like Goebbels," referring to Hitler's propaganda machine's mastermind."You say the lie long enough, keep repeating it, repeating it, repeating it, it becomes common knowledge," he explained in reference to Trump's attempts to paint him as a socialist.
"I think people see very clearly the difference between me and Donald Trump," Biden said in comments reported by Politico."Trump is clearing protests in front of the White House that are peaceful, you know, with the military. This guy is more Castro than Churchill."
The Republican Jewish Coalition called on Biden to retract his "egregious" comments and apologize."The rule in debate is that if your only argument is to call your opponent a Nazi, you have no argument at all. Instead of engaging in a debate on policy, Joe Biden has descended to name-calling and Holocaust references," they said in a statement on Saturday. "There is no place in political discourse for Holocaust imagery or comparing candidates to Nazis. It's offensive and it demeans the memory of the Holocaust, the suffering of the victims, and the lessons we must learn from that terribly dark chapter of history.
"Joe Biden has been in
- No offline exams up to Class 8 in Delhi govt schools
- CBSE board reduces syllabus for Class 10 social science exam
- 3rd Test: Axar Patel takes six wickets as India bowl out England for 112
- Promises made in Rajasthan govt budget will be fulfilled by robust financial management: CM Gehlot
- On his 100th test, Ishant Sharma is only next to Kapil Dev among Indian fast bowlers