John Boehner: The 'so-called America First Caucus' is 'one of the nuttiest things I've ever seen'
- Boehner slammed the effort by a group of House Republicans to create an "America First Caucus."
- On NBC's "Meet The Press," Boehner called the idea one of the "nuttiest" things he has witnessed.
- "We ought to celebrate the fact that we are this giant melting pot," he said.
Former GOP House Speaker
On NBC's "Meet the Press," Boehner, who served as speaker from 2011 to 2015, laced into the group."I can tell you that this so-called America First Caucus is one of the nuttiest things I've ever seen," he said.
On Saturday, Greene said that she would not be spearheading an "America First Caucus," adding that she had not read the document that Punchbowl News released the day before.Read more: Visa's PAC gave politicians $139,000 in March after vowing to pause contributions because of the Capitol insurrection
Boehner criticized the worldview of those who conceived of such a caucus."I have no idea how this even showed up," he emphasized. "America is a land of immigration. We've been the world's giant melting pot for 250 years. And we ought to celebrate the fact that we are this giant melting pot. He added: "To see some members of Congress go off and start this America First Caucus is - it's the silliest thing I've ever seen. And Republicans need to denounce it."
"America is built on the idea that we are all created equal and success is earned through honest, hard work," he wrote. "It isn't built on identity, race, or religion. The
"Our immigration system is a mess," he said. "It's broken from top to bottom. And it needs to be fixed so that it's fairer for Americans who are here and fairer for those who are trying to come here."
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall