Josh Hawley responds to video-turned-meme of him running away from a pro-Trump mob on January 6 saying he won't run from feud with 'liberals'
- Sen. Josh Hawley raised his fist in solidarity with Capitol rioters on January 6, 2021.
- On Thursday, the January 6 committee showed footage of Hawley running away from the crowd.
Republican Sen. Josh Hawley said he won't "run away" from his feud with liberals a day after the January 6 committee presented a video of him running away from a pro-Trump crowd during the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot.
"And I just want to say to all of those liberals out there and the liberal media, just in case you haven't gotten the message yet, I do not regret it," Hawley said during a speech at Turning Point USA's conference in Florida on Friday. "And I am not backing down. I'm not gonna apologize, I'm not gonna cower, I'm not gonna run from you."
Hawley was referencing being called a "traitor" for pushing for "election integrity" last year, referencing his "objection" to certifying the election last year.
Hawley's remarks come in contrast to footage played the night before by the January 6 committee showing the Missouri senator fleeing a Trump crowd on the day of the riot. The footage ricocheted across social media and quickly became a meme making fun of the senator.
—The Recount (@therecount) July 22, 2022
The committee pointed out the irony in the video since Hawley was seen earlier riling up the crowd and raising his fist to protesters in solidarity.
"Senator Josh Hawley also had to flee," said Rep. Elaine Luria, a Virginia Democrat, who is helping lead Thursday's hearing. "Earlier that afternoon before the joint session started he walked across the East Front of the Capitol, as you can see in this photo, he raised his fist in solidarity with the protesters already amassing at the security gates."
Hawley has previously defended his actions on January 6.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- India needs 1,000+ pilots annually, but training infra in short supply
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World