Kamala Harris's approval rating falls to 28%, a historic low for any modern vice president
- The Biden administration's public opinion woes continue.
- A USA Today/Suffolk poll from the weekend had grim numbers for both President Biden and VP Harris.
A new poll from USA Today and Suffolk University released on Sunday contains a grim snapshot of public sentiment toward the Biden administration.
A 51% majority of respondents said they disapprove of the job Harris is doing as VP.
At this early stage of a modern presidency, Harris' numbers in the USA Today/Suffolk poll are unprecedented.
The closest comparison - which involves slightly different methodology and margins of error - would be former Vice President Dick Cheney, the most unpopular US vice president in polling history. He bottomed out at 30% in Gallup's tracking survey, but that wasn't until the end of former President George W. Bush's second term in 2007.
Harris has taken on thorny assignments early on in her tenure as VP, including running point on the administration's efforts at handling the migration surge of asylum seekers at the southern border.
As Insider's Robin Bravender reported in late October, Harris aides are quietly worried about the 2024 presidential election, should Biden forego a reelection bid, with former 2020 primary rival and Department of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg posing a potential threat.
The USA Today/Suffolk poll had a sample of 1,000 registered voters nationwide and a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role
- Adani Wilmar IPO to open tomorrow; GMP at ₹50 per share
- Here’s how much buying and owning an electric scooter costs in India versus a petrol scooter