'Like zoo animals': Donald and Melania Trump eat alone at a 'roped-off table' at a Mar-a-Lago restaurant, book says
- Donald and Melania
Trumpoften eat at a "roped-off" Mar-a-Lago table, Michael Wolff's new book says.
- The book says the Trumps "spend their dinner greeting friends and wellwishers."
- It's "unclear" whether
MelaniaTrump lives at Mar-a-Lago with the former president, the book says.
Former President Donald Trump and Melania Trump often eat alone at a "roped-off table" in the center of a Mar-a-Lago patio restaurant when she is there, a forthcoming book by the journalist Michael Wolff says.
The Trumps are "looked at, somewhat, like zoo animals," Wolff wrote in an excerpt of the book "Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency" published by The Times of London.
"No, no, that's not right," he continued. "They are like a newly married couple: every night is a wedding at which they spend their dinner greeting friends and wellwishers."
Since leaving the White House, Trump has lived at his club in
The book, however, questions whether Melania Trump lives there with her husband.
"For four years in the White House, it was never quite clear how much time she was spending at the White House or in a house in Maryland where she had settled her parents," Wolff wrote. "Aides were careful not to closely inquire or openly wonder. Here too, in Mar-a-Lago, it was unclear."
Melania Trump made headlines at the start of the Trump administration by not immediately moving into the White House. She stayed with their son Barron in New York City until the end of his school year, a decision that reportedly cost about $27 million for security.
She now has her own official office but has stayed out of the limelight.
"She's not a presence at Mar-a-Lago at all," a person close to the couple told CNN in April. "She's not mingling with people and rarely interacts with her husband's staff."
CNN reported that the couple shared "a large suite of rooms" at the property and that her parents stayed there for weeks at a time in their own personal suite. Melania Trump also "makes frequent trips to the on-site spa - with one person telling CNN she sometimes goes for treatments twice a day," according to the
Three people familiar with Trump's dinner appearances told CNN she "smiles and gives a wave as other dinner patrons rise from their seats to applaud the arrival of the former first couple to the dining area."
Wolff's book describes an "old-fashioned club life" at Mar-a-Lago, with Croquet Singles, a Prime Rib Night, and poster boards with the schedule.
"The only membership qualification now, beyond the actual cost ($250,000, up from $150,000 before the presidency, plus a hefty yearly fee), is to be an abject Trump admirer," Wolff wrote. "This may not be so much a political statement as an aesthetic one - the thrall of a super-celebrity."
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns
- Freshworks IPO
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Instagram Posts
- Mukesh Ambani
- Apple iPhone 13
- Girish Mathrubootham
- ITC Share Price
- OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone
- Upcoming Movies in India
- New Smartphone in India
- Finolex Cables Share Price
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Epic Games
- Elon Musk
- Aditya Birla Sun Life
- Rajasthan PTET 2021 result