Madison Cawthorn foes who published a damaging nude video launch campaign to 'fire' Lauren Boebert
- The group that posted a viral nude video of Rep.
Madison Cawthornis targeting Rep. Lauren Boebert.
- The American Muckrakers PAC has information about Boebert's financial matters, a cofounder said.
The group that posted a viral sexually explicit video of a nude Rep. Madison Cawthorn in bed with another man is now focusing on Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado for its next takedown, Insider has learned.
"I think we're going to go after Lauren Boebert in Colorado in a similar way," David B. Wheeler, a cofounder of the American Muckrakers PAC, told Insider Wednesday. "I think we're going to engage in that race pretty quickly."
The group on Thursday launched fireboebert.com, seeking tips on information, pictures, videos, or documents on Boebert or her associates. The first tweet by @FireBoebert read, "Hi @RepBoebert - Ask @RepCawthorn about us. We look forwarding to getting to know you."
Their logo: a Dumpster fire emblazoned with "FIRE BOEBERT."
While Wheeler is a Democrat, his cofounder is unaffiliated, and the group counts some Republicans among its advisors.
Wheeler told Insider on Wednesday he'd already received "interesting information" about the Republican firebrand, whose primary against GOP state Sen. Don Coram is on June 28. The information is "certainly not as salacious as some of the Cawthorn stuff," he said. It deals, instead, with financial matters, he added, declining to disclose more details.
A spokesperson for Boebert did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Last year, The Associated Press reported that the first-year lawmaker failed to disclose her husband's income during her campaign, in violation of ethics and campaign-finance laws. She said her husband made nearly $1 million over 2019 and 2020 as a consultant for an energy firm.
Former President Donald Trump endorsed Boebert in December as "a fearless leader, a defender of the America First Agenda, and a fighter against the Loser RINOs and Radical Democrats," shortly after she was rebuked for making Islamophobic comments about Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.
Wheeler's PAC, also known as firemadison.com, played a key role in exposing damaging information about Cawthorn, who lost his Republican primary in North Carolina to state Sen. Chuck Edwards on Tuesday.
The group brought to light Cawthorn's attempt to take a gun through the Asheville Regional Airport last year. It also filed a complaint accusing Cawthorn of violating US House ethics rules, saying he provided free housing and gifts to a staff member.
Cawthorn responded to the nude video released by the PAC by saying: "I was being crass with a friend, trying to be funny. We were acting foolish, and joking. That's it."
In Colorado, where Boebert is running for reelection, unaffiliated voters can participate in either the Republican or Democratic primary. Wheeler said he planned to focus on targeted messages through texting and social media to unaffiliated women.
"We helped fire Madison Cawthorn. Now it's Lauren Boebert's turn," fireboebert.com says.
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1
- Best drilling machine for home use in India
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's biopic is on the works based on the book, The Untold Vajpayee