Marjorie Taylor Greene says children 'should be trained with firearms'
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Friday said she believes children should receive firearm training.
- "I think children should be trained with firearms," she said during a House Rules Committee meeting.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Friday said she believes children should be taught how to use firearms.
Greene made the remarks in conversation with Rep. Jamie Raskin at a House Rules Committee meeting about the Second Amendment. Raskin asked Greene whether she believes kids should have firearm training to "repel" potential dangers like school shooters.
"That's not what I said," Greene told him. "I said I believe children should be trained with firearms so they understand how to use them and understand the safety. But I think that we should allow states to choose how they protect schools. I believe more in state rights and a lot less in federal intervention."
In the same conversation, Greene and Raskin spoke briefly about ways to protect kids during school shootings.
"If my children are in school and a mad man with a gun comes to a school to kill people, unfortunately a psychologist is not going to be able to just talk him out of it," she said. "That is not a good way to protect kids."
—Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) June 24, 2022
Following the horrific Uvalde, Texas, school shooting last month, she said the US is "failing our youngest generations from decades of rejecting good moral values and teachings."
"We don't need more gun control," Greene said in a tweet. "We need to return to God."
More than a dozen people died after an active shooter opened fire at the Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.
Correction: An earlier version of this story misquoted Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, misstating that she said children should have firearms training to ward off a potential gunman.
- Oct 1 deadline for compulsory e-invoice generation nears for firms with ₹10 crore turnover
- Prospective homebuyers expect property prices to increase
- ICICIdirect launches online platform Flash Trade for F&O traders
- Apple announces offers on iPhone 14 series, AirPods Pro
- Great resignation impact being felt in India as attrition rate remains elevated at 20% in 2022
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World