Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has boasted about being unvaccinated, owns stock in 3 major vaccine makers
Marjorie Taylor Greeneowns stock in three major vaccine makers, financial-disclosure filings show.
- Greene holds
AstraZeneca, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson stock, each worth between $1,000 and $15,000.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has boasted about being unvaccinated against COVID-19, owns stock in three major vaccine makers, financial-disclosure filings analyzed by Insider show.
Greene holds stock in AstraZeneca, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson, each worth between $1,000 and $15,000, according to an August 13, 2020, filing from Greene with the clerk of the House of Representatives.
The discovery was made as part of Insider's Conflicted Congress project, which revealed that multiple US lawmakers held stock in vaccine makers as the pandemic raged in 2020.
The project found that at least 13 senators and 35 US representatives held shares in Johnson & Johnson, 11 senators and 34 representatives held shares in Pfizer, and two representatives or their spouses held shares of Moderna.
In September, Greene told Insider: "I have an independent investment advisor that has full discretionary authority on my accounts. I do not direct any trades."
Despite her financial interest in vaccine stocks, Greene says she isn't vaccinated and has decried those trying to make her get the shot.
In an episode of Steve Bannon's "War Room" podcast released November 2, Greene said "vaccine Nazis" were "ruining our country."
The issue of Greene's vaccine assets has been seized on by Jennifer Strahan, who is running against her for Congress in Georgia's 14th district.
Last week Strahan held a Twitter poll in which she asked, "Which of the following COVID vaccine manufacturers does @mtgreenee currently own stock in?"
She listed AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, or "all of the above" as choices.
"For those of you wondering, the correct answer is D! Our current representative rails against the vaccine, but owns stock in 3 of the 4 major vaccine manufacturers," Strahan wrote in a follow-up tweet.
Speaking at Turning Point USA's "AmericaFest" conference on Sunday, Greene reiterated her disdain for vaccines.
"I'm not vaccinated, and they're going to have a hell of a time if they want to hold me down and give me a vaccine," she said.
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Best entry-level smartphones in India for 2023
- Samsung to manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India
- Samsung launches four new laptops in the Galaxy Book3 series with a bigger display and new processor
- Social isolation linked to dementia risk factors says a study in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra priced starting at ₹74,999 in India