Matt Gaetz associate Joel Greenberg said in a letter that Gaetz paid for sex with a minor
- An associate of
Matt Gaetzreportedly said in a letter that Gaetz paid for sex with a minor.
- Gaetz is under a federal criminal investigation over whether he broke sex-trafficking laws.
- Gaetz has denied all allegations of sexual misconduct and wrongdoing.
A longtime associate of Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida said in a letter obtained by The Daily Beast that Gaetz paid to have sex with a minor."On more than one occasion, this individual was involved in sexual activities with several of the other girls, the congressman from Florida's 1st Congressional District and myself," the associate,
Politico reported that the feds also obtained a search warrant and seized Gaetz's iPhone in December. The report said Gaetz changed his phone number last year and that investigators also seized his former girlfriend's phone in November.Gaetz has denied all allegations of sexual misconduct and wrongdoing, and his office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The letter obtained by The
According to the exchanges, Greenberg offered Stone $250,000 in Bitcoin, to which Stone replied saying he "cannot push too hard because of the nonsense surrounding pardons." A week before Trump left office, Stone told Greenberg to be "prepared to wire me $250,000 because I am feeling confident," The Daily Beast reported.
Stone confirmed to the outlet that Greenberg wanted to pay him for help with a pardon but denied asking for money or acting on the request.Right before leaving office, Trump issued 73 pardons and 70 commutations, including for his former chief strategist Steve Bannon.
The Greenberg letter is the latest development in the Gaetz saga since news of the investigation broke late last month. In addition to looking into whether he broke sex-trafficking laws by paying for a minor to travel with him, investigators are also said to be examining whether Gaetz used campaign money to fund travel and other expenses for women.
The congressman has alleged an extortion plot against him, and two of his aides have quit. Gaetz has also been accused of showing nude photos of women without their consent to lawmakers on the House floor.
- Best fitness bands for men in India in 2021
- After Google noticed a lack of diversity in most ads it surveyed, it has now launched a toolkit for marketers to help make advertising more inclusive
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have jointly set up India's largest solar carport, aims to reduce 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions
- Best Electric Toothbrushes in India
- Top 2-ton split ACs for big rooms and halls