Melania Trump is reportedly seeking a book deal for a White House memoir
- First Lady Melania
Trumphas been taking meetings about publishinga White Housememoir, according to Page Six.
- The potential book deal reportedly has the blessing of President Donald Trump, who hasn't yet announced plans for a presidential memoir.
- President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama signed a $65 million deal to write
booksafter their time in the White House.
Melania Trump has been shopping a White House memoir, taking meetings with people in the publishing industry, according to a report.
An unnamed source told Page Six: "Melania is in meetings to write her White House memoir. And it would be her money – a chance for her to earn on her own."The report says President Donald Trump is encouraging her to write the book. It isn't clear whether the book has been fully written, or even started.
It wouldn't be the first time Michelle Obama and
Books by President Trump's inner circle have flooded the marketplace during his presidency, boosting sales for publishers. Similarly, a book by Melania Trump could be "worth big money," a source told Page Six.Some pundits in the past have taken note of Melania Trump's hesitance to step into the spotlight. A book deal could signal a reversal for the First Lady, who in 2018 disappeared from view for about 20 days – a rarity for a White House spouse. Any insight into Melania Trump's private life with her husband would also make headlines, since much of what's been written has been unauthorized, including Winston Wolkoff 's "Melania and Me."
In "The Art of Her Deal," Mary Jordan, a reporter at The Washington Post, wrote that Melania had renegotiated her prenuptial agreement while she was in New York, using the move to Washington DC as bargaining leverage.
Melania Trump's book could also put a spotlight on her early experiences, including the details of moving to the US from Slovenia, working as a fashion model, meeting her husband, and becoming a US citizen.
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80