MyPillow's Mike Lindell filed another lawsuit against voting-machine companies that includes quotes from '1984,' Shakespeare, and 'Fahrenheit 451'
Mike Lindellfiled another lawsuit against voting-machine companies involved in the 2020 election.
- Dominion sued Lindell in February for $1.3 billion over his baseless election-fraud claims.
- The latest lawsuit features references to dystopian novels and William Shakespeare.
MyPillow had already filed a lawsuit in April against Dominion Voting Systems for $1.6 billion, claiming the company was trying to stifle free speech. Dominion sued Lindell in February for $1.3 billion over claims he was making about election fraud involving its machines.
In the latest lawsuit, filed in federal court in Minnesota, Lindell accuses Dominion and another company,
Lindell, a staunch ally of former President Donald Trump, has repeatedly spread false or unsubstantiated claims about the integrity of the election.
The recent lawsuit repeats many of the claims from the first lawsuit MyPillow filed in April and accuses Dominion and Smartmatic of engaging in a racketeering conspiracy to use the court system to silence claims about them.
Sections of the 82-page lawsuit include titles such as "The Rise of the Machines," "Gaslighting: The REAL Big Lie," and "Shut Up Or Else."
The lawsuit also features quotes from famous dystopian novels and the English playwright William Shakespeare.
One of the included quotes is attributed to Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451": "But you can't make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can't last."
Another quote is from George Orwell's "1984": "And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed-if all records told the same tale-then the lie passed into history and became truth."
Dominion and Smartmatic did not respond to requests for comment from Insider. A Dominion representative previously told Insider the initial lawsuit brought by MyPillow was a "meritless retaliatory lawsuit, filed by MyPillow to try to distract from the harm it caused to Dominion."
- Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2 launched with improved AI features
- Moto G54 5G review – affordable option with a large battery
- Reliance Brands forges partnership with ‘urban cool’ fashion brand Superdry
- ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Delhi excise policy case
- Top 10 unique benefits of adding Flax Seeds to your diet