One of Kentucky's largest newspapers endorsed Mitch McConnell challenger Amy McGrath
- The editorial board of the Lexington Herald-Leader, one of
Kentucky's largest newspapers, endorsed Amy McGrathover 36-year incumbent Mitch McConnell.
- "McConnell purports to care about Kentucky and the country, but time and again, he has chosen the GOP instead," the editorial board stated.
SenateMajority Leader McConnell is one of the most high-profile Republicans in the country. McGrath has raised over $46 million, topping McConnell's $36 million so far in their campaign.
One of Kentucky's largest newspapers, the Lexington Herald-Leader endorsed candidate Amy McGrath over Senator Mitch McConnell.
"That choice is Amy McGrath, a Democrat challenging longtime incumbent and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell," the paper's editorial board wrote in an op-ed. "During his 36 years in office, McConnell has made it perfectly clear that his only passion is the pursuit of power, his own and that of the Republican Party. For that reason alone, we would endorse his opponent."The editorial board praised McGrath and said she "understands that Kentuckians are suffering from the failure to address the economic, educational and health care needs that have left the state at the bottom of most rankings during McConnell's tenure."
As Senate Majority Leader, McConnell has been a key player for the Republican party and a steadfast defender of the president. However, nearing the election, an economist said McConnell "expects Trump to lose" and will be unlikely to rush backing a stimulus bill as he would not want to jeopardize his personal stakes to be the senate leader."McConnell purports to care about Kentucky and the country, but time and again, he has chosen the GOP instead," the Herald-Leader's editorial board said. "On numerous occasions, when he could have stopped the worst excesses of the Trump administration, he has chosen to do nothing or to abet the president, as evidenced by his maneuvers to ensure that Trump's impeachment trial quickly ended in acquittal."
- Read more:
- A chief economist says Mitch McConnell expects Trump to lose the election — and breaks down why that means there will be no stimulus money until February
- Democrat Amy McGrath takes on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky
- Amy McGrath, a Marine combat pilot, is taking on Mitch McConnell in Kentucky
- Amy McGrath won Kentucky's Democratic primary for US Senate to face Mitch McConnell in November
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister