Press Secretary Jen Psaki made a cameo in a comedian's TikTok about being a 'Gen Z intern' at the White House
- Benny Drama took on his "Gen Z intern" persona for a peek into the
- The video pokes fun at a day in the life of an intern working for the White House press secretary.
- In the skit, Jen Psaki and Drama's character discuss the importance of COVID-19 vaccination rates.
Comedian Benito Skinner gave a lighthearted view into the White House on Monday.
Skinner, also known by his social media persona Benny Drama, often takes on many different characters and roles in his videos - including Kooper, an overly enthusiastic "Gen Z intern."
In the video, which was widely shared on
To date, the skit has nearly 3 million views on TikTok.
Kooper is known for bringing drama and disruptive energy to his workplaces. In the video, he documents his entire day in the White House, stopping to ask "Is Olivia Rodrigo still here?" and saying "Hey" to President Joe Biden.
The intern helps Psaki with everyday tasks, even booking her a nail appointment that she didn't ask for. "It's called initiative," Kooper says.
In the video, Psaki and Kooper address the importance of COVID-19 vaccination rates. "We need to get shots in the arms of every American," Kooper declares during a phone call.
Psaki has been outspoken in the past about how social media companies like TikTok and Facebook should work harder to fight COVID-19 misinformation on their platforms. Last month, there were even false reports circulating that Psaki herself had been banned from social media after a satire site claimed she had been ousted for her support of the
The White House press secretary's appearance in the popular TikTok video could just be one step in the Biden administration's work to appeal to younger generations. In July, Olivia Rodrigo met with Biden and chief Covid-19 medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, to record videos encouraging young people to get vaccinated.
- With COVID expenses rising, taxpayers need more than an insurance rebate, says a wealth manager
- Budget 2022 expectation: Why India needs an urban MGNREGA
- Here’s why there is less adoption of the new tax regime and how budget 2022 can make it more attractive
- A market guru explains why real estate, housing and textiles should get some budget boost
- From tax structure rationalisation to expanding EV charging infrastructure, here’s what the industry wants from Budget 2022