Pro-Trump OAN network admits there was no widespread fraud in Georgia in the 2020 election after extensively pushing the claim
- One America News Network said in a statement that there was "no widespread voter fraud" in the
- It was responding to a defamation lawsuit against it brought by two election workers who say they were harassed.
The right-wing One America News Network admitted in a Monday legal statement that there was no widespread voter fraud by
In a 30-second statement that aired Monday night, a voiceover stated: "Georgia officials have concluded that there was no widespread voter fraud by election workers who counted ballots at the State Farm Arena in November 2020."
"The results of this investigation indicate that Ruby Freeman and Wandrea 'Shaye' Moss did not engage in ballot fraud or criminal misconduct," the statement said, referring to two election workers for Fulton County, Georgia.
"A legal matter with this network and the two election workers has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties through a fair and reasonable settlement."
The statement was a response to a defamation lawsuit filed against the network by Freeman and Moss, who are mother and daughter.
Citing legal documents, Reuters reported in April that Freeman and Moss had reached a settlement with OAN in the case. Freeman and Moss have also filed a defamation lawsuit against
The pair, who helped to administer the 2020 election in the state, said they were subjected to harassment and abuse after baseless rumors pushed by Trump allies that they had interfered with votes as part of a plot to deprive Trump of victory.
The former president and his allies, including Giuliani, launched a campaign to overturn Trump's defeat in Georgia, a red-leaning state that voted to elect Joe Biden in 2020.
OAN also broadcast reports baselessly alleging that Freeman and Moss had produced fake ballots and registered them in voting machines to steal the election from Trump.
An investigation by Georgia officials last October found no evidence of wrongdoing in how the election had been conducted in Fulton County, which had been pivotal to Biden's win and where Trump allies had focused their efforts to overturn the result.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates