Rep. Lauren Boebert's neighbors called 911, alleging her husband ran over their mailbox 'looking to fight'
J. Scott Applewhite/AP
Lauren Boebert's neighbors called 911 after an altercation with her husband, Jayson Boebert.
- Neighbors accused Jayson of driving under the influence and property damage, per The Denver Post.
AdvertisementRep. Lauren Boebert's neighbors called 911, alleging her husband threatened them and ran over their mailbox.
The 911 calls come as
"I'm sure he's loaded to the hilt. Do you know who his wife is? Lauren Boebert. She's loaded. They all have guns," a neighbor said in a 911 call obtained by the Post. "He just got chest to chest, face to face, looking to fight."
On the evening of August 4, a neighbor asked one of Boebert's sons to stop speeding down the street in a dune buggy, the Post reported, citing the 911 calls and an incident report.
"He's going like 50 miles an hour and this is a residential lane, there's kids," a neighbor told 911 dispatchers, according to calls obtained by the Post. "We tried to stop him, and he'd just freakin' cuss at us and just left."
"It's the Boeberts, if you know who the
A second neighbor called 911 as Jayson Boebert was accused of striking the neighbor's mailbox with his truck, the Post reported.
"There's about to be some s— going down here," the second neighbor said, per the Post. "It's Lauren Boebert's jackass husband, Jayson Boebert."
The second neighbor said Jayson was claiming "that someone took a swing at his kid and nobody did," adding that Jayson was "dumb as a post" and "probably drunk," according to 911 audio reported by the Post.
AdvertisementOfficers from the Garfield County Sheriff's Office opted to let the neighbors settle the dispute among themselves, though they didn't explain why, the Post reported. The Sheriff's Office and a spokesperson for Rep. Boebert did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Jayson Boebert previously pleaded guilty after he was accused of exposing his penis to two women at a bowling alley in 2004.
Correction: March 15, 2023 – The headline of this story has been changed to reflect the claims against Mr. Boebert were alleged.
Popular on BI
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Sennheiser launches HD 660S2 headphones at ₹54,990 in India
- 'Consistent with dignity, socially acceptable', SC mulls panel to examine less painful method of execution
- Reliance Jio's True 5G now available in over 406 cities
- Brent crude oil prices remain under pressure on tensions that risks in global banking sector may spark a recession worldwide
- Ad-free videos to background play, here’s everything you get with YouTube Premium