'Run, Ron, Run!': Trump urges his staunch ally Sen. Ron Johnson, who downplayed the Capitol riot, to seek reelection
- Trump urged GOP Sen.
Ron Johnson, a staunch ally of his, to run for reelection in 2022.
- "He has no idea how popular he is," Trump said in a statement Thursday. "Run, Ron, Run!"
- Johnson has represented Wisconsin since 2011 and has yet to launch a reelection bid.
In a statement released by his leadership political action committee, Trump provided his "Complete and Total Endorsement" to the senator, who has yet to launch a reelection campaign for 2022."Even though he has not yet announced that he is running, and I certainly hope he does, I am giving my Complete and Total Endorsement to Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin," Trump said in the statement. "He is brave, he is bold, he loves our Country, our Military, and our Vets. He will protect our Second Amendment, and everything else we stand for. It is the kind of courage we need in the U.S.
The Wisconsin Senate seat is poised to become one of the most competitive races in the upcoming midterm
Johnson became a vocal Trump supporter over the past four years, and most recently sparked criticism after he dismissed the severity of the Capitol riot on January 6 that left five people dead.Johnson said the violence didn't seem to be "an armed insurrection," despite his own GOP leader, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, regularly stating so. Johnson also said he "never felt threatened" on the day of the siege. He said the pro-Trump rioters who stormed the Capitol complex and forced
- All the 'first-time from Apple' announcements from its Spring Loaded Event
- Coinbase hires former Google Pay exec to lead India ops, is hiring aggressively and looking for startup acquisitions
- COVID-19: India reports 2,95,041 new cases and 2,023 fatalities in last 24 hours
- Apple AirTag, iPad Pro, new iMac with M1 chip India pricing and availability details
- India's largest insurer LIC says it earned new business premium worth ₹1.84 trillion last year