Russia claims its slow progress attacking Ukraine is to help people evacuate, not because it can't win
Russia's defense minister claimed his army was deliberately slowing its progress to aid civilian evacuations.
- That's despite widespread intelligence showing Russia is hampered by logistical issues.
Russia's defense minister said that his country's slow progress in the past few days of its invasion of
Sergei Shoigu said on Tuesday: "For residents to leave the surrounded settlements, silence regimes are announced and humanitarian corridors are created. Of course, this slows down the pace of the offensive, but this is done deliberately in order to avoid civilian casualties," Russia's state-run news agency RIA Novosti reported.
He also repeated Russia's claims that its army does not target civilian infrastructure, despite widespread evidence that it has been doing so across Ukraine since the early days of its invasion.
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has stalled and slowed in the face of strong resistance from Ukraine. Western intelligence said Russia expected to capture the country in a few days. Instead, three months on, Russia has ceded many areas back to Ukraine.
What started as an assault on much of Ukraine, including the capital Kyiv, has turned into a battle focused in the east, near Russia's border.
Western officials have also noted that Russia has not been making quick progress in the region as it faces logistical issues.
Russia has also interrupted the evacuations of civilians during its invasion.
Ukraine has repeatedly paused plans to evacuate people through humanitarian corridors, saying that Russia fired on them.
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the red amid negative global cues – TVS Motor, Adani Enterprises, HDFC among stocks to watch out for
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World