Russia posts video of soldiers, tanks, and missile launchers near Ukraine border as West warns of invasion
Russia's Western Military District posted video of drills, including what looked like missile launchers.
- The troops' commander said the drills were to check combat readiness.
Russia on Tuesday posted footage of drills including soldiers, tanks, and missile launchers near its border with
The video from Russia's Western Military District comes as countries including Ukraine, the US, and Britain increasingly warn of an invasion. Russia has repeatedly denied plans to invade Ukraine.
The footage shows a fleet of what appears to be Iskander short-range ballistic missile launchers leaving a base.
The footage also showed soldiers firing rifles and throwing grenades.
In a statement accompanying the video, Col. Gen. Alexander Zhuravlev — commander of the troops — said the drills were meant to be "a comprehensive check of the combat skills of the troops, the readiness of formations and military units to complete their tasks in a short time, an assessment of the level of combat training and coherence of units."
The exercises are due to last until January 29, the statement said.
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore