Sen. Ted Cruz no longer wears a mask at the Capitol, falsely claiming 'everybody' in the Senate has been vaccinated against COVID-19
Ted Cruzhas stopped wearing a mask at the Capitol, CNN reports.
- Cruz claimed "everybody" in the Senate is vaccinated, but that's not true of all staffers, reporters, and lawmakers.
- The CDC still recommends vaccinated individuals to wear a mask when in public.
Sen. Ted Cruz has stopped wearing a mask while at the Capitol, according to a CNN report on Thursday.
Defending his decision, the Texas Republican told CNN that since he got the
Notably, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends vaccinated individuals to continue mask-wearing in public as the
Reporters pressed Cruz on this point, yet he pushed back, claiming: "CDC has said in small groups, particularly with people who were vaccinated don't need to wear
The CDC released guidance earlier this month that it is considered low risk for fully-vaccinated people to convene indoors without masks, but did not specify how many people. Hundreds of people, many of whom are not fully vaccinated, work in the
This is not the first time that Cruz has publicly flouted public health guidelines on Capitol Hill during the pandemic. Last month at a
Cruz joins fellow Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, who has refused to wear a mask at the Capitol, declaring he has full immunity from the virus since he already contracted it last March. Scientists and public health experts have not yet determined the extent of immunity achieved after getting the virus, nor how long it lasts. Paul has frequently clashed with top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci during hearings on the issue.
The Senate does not mandate mask-wearing, unlike the House, which implemented new mask requirements after at least four members of Congress tested positive in the wake of the Capitol riot on January 6.
Cruz's office did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons