Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick paid out his first voter fraud bounty to a progressive poll worker in Pennsylvania who caught a Republican voting illegally
TexasLt. Gov. Dan Patrickset a minimum $25,000 bounty in November 2020 for proof of voter fraud.
- Eleven months later, the first and only recipient received their reward for turning in a case.
One week after the presidential election in 2020 where President Joe Biden toppled former President Donald Trump, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick set a bounty of up to $1 million to anyone who could find instances of voter fraud in the US.
Eleven months later, Patrick's finally doled out his first reward: the minimum amount of $25,000 to a progressive poll worker in
The poll worker, identified as Eric Frank, told the publication that he received only received the minimum bounty reward because he was told greater rewards were reserved for "bigger fish."
"Was he looking for a celebrity or a political group as a whole?" he said. "I don't know what he meant by bigger fish."
Several instances of voter fraud popped up in Pennsylvania after Patrick set the bounty - mostly people attempting to cast a vote in place of a dead relative - leading the state's lieutenant governor, John Fetterman, to relentlessly troll Patrick online while asking for the bounty reward.
"All I want for Christmas is my handsome reward from Dan Patrick," Fetterman tweeted in December 2020.
Patrick's campaign spokesman told The Dallas Morning
Frank, however, was the original poll worker to submit a violation by Ralph Thurman, a 72-year-old Republican man who pleaded guilty in September 2021 to voting twice: once under his name and once using the name of his Democratic-aligned son.
Thurman was sentenced to three years of probation and is barred from voting for four years.
As for Frank, he said he plans to save the cash reward for a future home purchase, though he may donate some of it to charity.
- Between becoming Twitter’s CEO and gaining 10x more followers overnight, the craze around Parag Agrawal has taken some funny turns
- WPP acquires Cloud Commerce Group
- Immersion cooling has been around for over a decade, but it’s coming back in vogue thanks to Bitcoin mining
- Samsung’s upcoming flagships Galaxy S22, S22+ camera and display specifications leaked
- WhatsApp Pay to get several India-first features, including cashbacks, in the next six months