The FBI director said the bureau opens a new investigation related to the Chinese government 'every 10 hours'
FBIdirector said it opens a new investigation linked to China's government "every 10 hours."
- Christopher Wray said the FBI has more than 2,000 investigations "that tie back to" China.
- He said he thinks China poses the biggest threat to "our economic security and our democratic ideas."
The director of the FBI has said that the bureau opens a new investigation tied to the Chinese government "every 10 hours."
FBI Director Christopher Wray told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday that the bureau currently has more than 2,000 investigations "that tie back to the Chinese government," The Hill and CNN reported.
"We're opening a new investigation into China every 10 hours, and I can assure the committee that's not because our folks don't have anything to do with their time," he added.
Wray added that China poses a big threat to the US.
"I don't think there is any country that presents a more severe threat to our innovation, our economic security and our democratic ideas. And the tools in their toolbox to influence our businesses, our academic institutions, our governments at all levels are deep and wide and persistent."
Wray has warned about China's growing influence for years, saying in 2018 that Chinese espionage was active in all 50 states.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Best portable photo studios in India
- Best spike guards for home use in India
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report