The leader of a far-right militant group says Republican Rep. Paul Gosar told him the US was in a civil war: 'We just haven't started shooting yet.'
GOPRep. Paul Gosarallegedly told a right-wing militant group that the US was in a civil war.
- Jim Arroyo, the leader of an Arizona chapter of Oath Keepers, made the claim in a November video.
- Far-right activist Ali Alexander says Gosar helped him plan the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally.
Rep. Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, told a right-wing militant group that the US was in a civil war and predicted it would become violent, Jim Arroyo, the leader of an Arizona chapter of Oath Keepers, said in a Nov. 2020 video.
"We asked [Gosar] flat-out, at that time, do you think we're heading into a civil war?" Arroyo said of his exchange with Gosar. "And his response to the group was just flat-out, 'We're in it, we just haven't started shooting yet.'"Arroyo used Gosar's claim to back up his theory that the US was "in the begining phases of a full-scale, kinetic civil war" provoked by a "communist
Far-right activist Ali Alexander, who organized the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the deadly
Gosar's brother, Dave Gosar, told The New York Times this week that the congressman is "twisted up so tight with the Oath Keepers it's not even funny."Six of Rep. Gosar's nine siblings appeared in campaign ads denouncing their brother as an extremist and should be removed from office during his 2018 campaign for Congress. Democratic members of Congress have raised alarms about some of their GOP colleagues who they say pose a threat to them in the weeks since the Capitol insurrection. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said last week that "a very considerable" number of Democratic lawmakers "still don't yet feel safe around other members of Congress."
"The enemy is within the House of Representatives, a threat that members are concerned about, in addition to what is happening outside," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said during a press briefing on Thursday. Pelosi said she was referring to members who've attempted to carry guns onto the House floor and those who've threatened violence against their colleagues.
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura