The Navy SEAL who says he shot bin Laden rips the wild body-double conspiracy theory boosted by Trump
- President Donald Trump on Tuesday a shared a baseless conspiracy alleging President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden staged the killing of Osama bin Laden and killed SEAL Team 6 to cover it up.
- Robert O'Neill, the former Navy SEAL who says he shot bin Laden, criticized the claims and wrote on Twitter: "I know who I killed."
- The tweet has since been deleted and account it came from has been suspended for violating Twitter rules.
Robert O'Neill, the former Navy SEAL who says he shot Osama bin Laden during the 2011 Neptune Spear raid, called out President Donald Trump on Twitter after Trump boosted a baseless conspiracy theory claiming the SEALs actually killed a body double.
On Tuesday, Trump retweeted a post alleging that bin Laden is still alive and that former President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, in partnership with Iran, staged the killing of the terrorist leader and possibly had SEAL Team 6 killed to cover it all up.
—Christian Vanderbrouk (@UrbanAchievr) October 13, 2020
The conspiracy theorists claimed that Obama and Biden paid Iran $152 billion to kill them.
The tweet Trump retweeted read: "Hiden Biden and Obama may have had Seal Team 6 killed! EXPLOSIVE: CIA Whistleblower Exposes Biden's Alleged Role with the Deaths of Seal Team- Claims to have Documented Proof. RETWEET!!!"
The tweet went viral after the president retweeted it, but it has since been deleted and the QAnon account that tweeted it has been suspended for violating Twitter rules.
The alleged hit on SEAL Team 6 is a reference to the downing of a Chinook transport helicopter by insurgents a few months after the bin Laden raid. The crash killed 38 people, including 15 Navy SEALs. None of the SEALs who were killed in the incident were involved in the raid.
The billions "paid" to Iran is a reference to billions of dollars in frozen Iranian assets unfrozen as part of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, more commonly known as the Iran nuclear deal, which was actually much less than $152 billion.
As for the body-double theory, the Navy SEAL who says he shot bin Laden says it's not true and that he knows who he killed.
"Very brave men said [goodbye] to their kids to go kill Osama bin Laden. We were given the order by President Obama. It was not a body double. Thank you Mr. President," O'Neill tweeted Tuesday.
—Robert J. O'Neill (@mchooyah) October 13, 2020
The former SEAL then jokingly tweeted: "S---. I just found out that I killed Osama bin Johnson. Drinks are on me, I guess..." That tweet was followed by another that simply said: "I know who I killed, homie. Every time."
The White House did not respond to Insider's request for comment on the president's retweet.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Reliance Jio cements its lead over Airtel in both total as well as active subscribers
- Realme GT Neo 2 vs OnePlus Nord 2: Price, specs and features compared
- Titan, Kalyan Jewellers and other jewellery stocks rally in last one month on high bullion prices
- This Motilal Oswal-backed startup is planning to issue a million credit-based cards in the next 150 days relying on its $2 billion loan book
- Tata Nexon EV electrifies its launch campaign with Spotify India
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons