Trump plans to restore his 'beautiful' Boeing 757 with Rolls-Royce engines and new paint job for future rallies
- Donald Trump said Friday that he's fixing his private
Boeing757 and will use it for future rallies. Trumpsaid the planewill get Rolls-Royce engines and a new paint job.
- The plane, dubbed "Trump Force One," has been sitting broken and unused in upstate New York.
Former President Donald Trump announced in a press release Friday that he's fixing his private plane ahead of future rallies.
"Many people have asked about the beautiful Boeing 757 that became so iconic during the Trump rallies," Trump said. "It is now being fully restored and updated and will be put back into service sometime prior to the end of the year."
Trump's Boeing 757, informally nicknamed "Trump Force One," has been parked at Stewart International Airport in New Windsor, New York, unused since President Joe Biden's Inauguration.
CNN previously reported that one of the plane's pricey Rolls Royce RB211 Turbofan engines was broken and had been removed from the plane awaiting repairs, which could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Trump said the plane will soon be brought to a service facility in Louisiana for inspection and repairs, including updated Rolls-Royce engines, as well as a new paint job.
"When completed, it will be better than ever, and again used at upcoming rallies!" Trump said in the statement.
Trump frequently used the plane a prop for rallies during his 2016 presidential campaign.
During his presidency, Trump traveled on Air Force One.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy
- India's biggest test wins since 2018 — Virat Kohli was not the captain in two of those 14 matches
- Samsung launches Galaxy A03 Core with 6.5-inch display, 5,000 mAh battery, starting at ₹7,999
- Nifty 50 goes below 17,000-mark on rising Omicron cases, fear of lockdown
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regularise work from home with a comprehensive framework