Trump rails against 'witch hunt' impeachment trial, vows that MAGA movement 'has only just begun'
- Former President
Donald Trumpreleased a statement after his impeachment trial ended in acquittal.
- He called the trial "yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country."
- He also said he would have more to share with the public in the coming months.
Former President Donald Trump thanked his supporters and derided what he called "the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country" in a statement on Saturday, after his second impeachment trial ended in an acquittal earlier that day.
Trump faced one charge of inciting an insurrection after the deadly January 6
"This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country," the statement said. "No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago."Trump also hinted at a future in public life, saying "our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun."
He said he would have more to share in the coming months."We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future," he said.
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far