Trump reportedly left Biden a note in the Oval Office after all, despite skipping the inauguration and rejecting tradition
Donald Trumpreportedly left President-elect Joe Bidena note in the Oval Office.
- In doing so, Trump upheld at least one tradition of outgoing presidents.
- Trump left town for Florida ahead of Biden's inauguration. He's the first outgoing president since 1869 to skip the
inaugurationof his successor.
President Donald Trump reportedly left President-elect Joe Biden a note in the Oval Office before skipping town for Florida on Wednesday.
Trump did not leave the note himself but got an aide to do it, according to Bloomberg's Jennifer Jacobs, who was first to report the
But Trump was not known to respect the traditions of the office he held for the past four years. Trump, for example, is the first outgoing commander in chief since 1869 to skip the inauguration of his successor.He also broke precedent by refusing to explicitly concede to Biden, a factor in the insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6 that Trump sparked.
In this context, it was somewhat of a surprise that Trump left Biden a note.Vice President
This is a breaking news story and will continue to be updated.
- No offline exams up to Class 8 in Delhi govt schools
- CBSE board reduces syllabus for Class 10 social science exam
- 3rd Test: Axar Patel takes six wickets as India bowl out England for 112
- Promises made in Rajasthan govt budget will be fulfilled by robust financial management: CM Gehlot
- On his 100th test, Ishant Sharma is only next to Kapil Dev among Indian fast bowlers