Trump says Washington Democrats would stop 'persecuting' him if he doesn't run for president again
Trumpspoke at a rally in Arizonathe day after the latest public January 6committee hearing.
- The former president falsely said the investigation was a means to "persecute" him.
Former President Donald Trump slammed the House January 6 committee, claiming that its investigation into the Capitol riot is a way to attack him.
"If I announced that I was not going to run any longer for political office, the persecution of Donald Trump would immediately stop," Trump said during a speech in Arizona on Friday. "They're coming after me because I'm standing up for you."
Trump's remarks comes after the most recent House January 6 committee public hearing in which more details about how those in the former president's orbit criticized his actions that day. The former president has continuously pushed back against the testimonies and accounts of ex-aides during the hearings.
Trump allegedly that testimony was previously given by former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows aide, Cassidy Hutchinson was "total fiction," and slammed against former deputy press secretary Sarah Matthew's Thursday testimony.
"I watched this hoax last night where this young lady said, 'Oh, I'm so heartbroken,'" Trump said. "But, three weeks after January 6th, she wrote us a letter saying, 'Oh, I loved working for the President. He's so great.'"
Trump claimed the "corrupt establishment" was just trying to preserve their power.
"Where does it stop? Where does it end? Never forget: Everything this corrupt establishment is doing to me is all about preserving their power and control over the American people, for whatever reason. They want to damage me in any form so I can no longer represent you," he said.
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol