Trump shares message saying the FBI is 'fascist' days after saying anger around Mar-a-Lago raid had gone too far
- Former President Donald Trump shared a Truth Social message describing the FBI as "fascist."
- Trump days ago called for a lowering of the political temperature.
Former President Donald Trump shared an article on his Truth Social network Wednesday which described the FBI as a "fascist" organization.
In the post on the network, Trump shared the article in the American Spectator entitled "Fascist Bureau of Investigation."
It was written by Jeffrey Lord, a political commentator fired by CNN in 2017 for posting a Nazi salute tweet in a dispute with a liberal group.
"The FBI has become the Fascist Bureau of Investigation, a government agency weaponized against American citizens it doesn't like," Lord wrote. "What a disgrace. And a dangerous disgrace at that."
The post comes days after Trump called for calmer discussion in the aftermath of the raid on his Mar-a-Lago home b the FBI.
Trump said the "temperature has to be brought down" in a Fox News interview, and said he'd work towards making it happen.
But the commitment was short-lived: Trump within hours returned to attacking the DOJ and the judge who approved the search at Mar-a-Lago.
Previously, Trump had launched a series of attacks on the FBI, claiming the search was part of a political vendetta against him and alleging that the FBI had planted evidence.
Trump's allies echoed his attacks, with far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene leading calls to "defund" the bureau.
Last Thursday, a man attacked an FBI office in Cincinnati, Ohio, and was killed by police after having posted calls for violence against the FBI on Truth Social and messages about the Mar-a-Lago raid.
Trump supporters, some armed, held a demonstration outside the FBI's office in Phoenix, Arizona, on Friday.
Mike Pence, Trump's former vice president, in a speech Wednesday called on Republicans to dial down the anti-FBI rhetoric, a stark contrast to the approach taken by his former boss.
"The Republican party is the party of law and order," Pence said. "Our party stands with the men and women who serve on the thin blue line at the federal, state and local level. And these attacks on the FBI must stop."
Attorney General Merrick Garland condemned a wave of threats faced by FBI agents in in a rare public statement last week to address the raid.
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months