Trump started a blog, but hardly anyone is reading it
- Trump's new blog is apparently not very popular.
- The blog has only seen a little over 212,000 engagements in its first week.
- When he still had
When he still had a Twitter account,
Along those lines, the former president might not be too happy to learn that his new blog has fairly low readership.
The blog, titled From the Desk of Donald J. Trump, has only seen a little over 212,000 engagements in its first week, according to data compiled by the social media analytics company BuzzSumo, which was first reported by NBC News. Comparatively, Trump's tweet announcing he contracted COVID-19 last October - his most liked and retweeted post to date - was retweeted hundreds of thousands of times and liked over 1.5 million times. In other words, Trump saw more engagement from single tweets than he has on his new blog so far.
The blog, which was launched last week, allows Trump to communicate directly with his followers. He can post statements, videos, and images. So far, the website operates a lot like Trump's old Twitter timeline, in the sense that he's primarily been using it to post statements attacking his critics.
Trump was banned from Twitter and other major social media platforms after the Capitol attack on January 6. He was impeached over his role in provoking the riot via incendiary and false statements about the 2020 election. The former president frequently used social media to spread lies about the election, including falsely claiming that it was stolen from him.
Polling continues to show that many Republicans have bought into the erroneous notion that President
The fact that Trump's website is not getting much engagement so far suggests that removing his social media megaphone has had a major impact on his ability to communicate with the public.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- Putin's leadership is unraveling as he takes regular breaks for medical treatment and is constantly surrounded by doctors, says British ex-spy
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani