Trump's obsessive desire for revenge is beginning to frustrate his close allies, report says
Trump's obsession with getting revenge is frustrating close allies, Washington Post reported.
- Trump allies said they wish he was working on protecting his policies and helping the GOP instead.
- The ex-president has become increasingly vocal after several early weeks of keeping a low profile.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter 10 Things in Politics You Need to Know Today.
Close allies of Former President Donald Trump are reportedly growing increasingly frustrated over his obsession with getting revenge on people he thinks have wronged him, according to a report by the Washington Post.Republican leadership and Trump allies told the Post they wish he was working to protect his administration's policies and helping the GOP in 2022 as opposed to wasting his time on "petty rivalries and grievances."
The ex-president is also trying to maintain total control over the Republican base while plotting his revenge to take down Republican lawmakers who voted to impeach him for inciting the January 6 Capitol riot.He continues to stoke false claims the election was stolen and in the last few weeks has become fixated on Arizona and Georgia after those states flipped for President Joe Biden in the November election. The sources also claim that Trump is still so obsessed with his election loss that he refuses to move forward with plans for his presidential library. Another report earlier this year claimed he told GOP donors he wanted to raise $2 billion for the library, which he plans on building in Florida.
While Trump has previously hinted at a presidential run in 2024, no formal announcement has been made yet.
Two advisors told the Post that if he were to run, the announcement would not be expected until after the midterm elections.His indecision about his own run is another reason allies have become "frustrated" in the last few weeks, according to a CNN report from last month. According to the report, the fear the ex-president is blowing his chance to "take control of the GOP early on."
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists
- Sun TV Network's advertising revenue shrinks, but profit jumps 11% on subscriptions