Trump's spiritual advisor Paula White speaks in tongues during a prayer broadcast to defeat the president's opponents
- The televangelist and spiritual advisor Paula White led an impassioned prayer on Wednesday in a bid to secure President Donald Trump's reelection.
- During a livestream, White spoke in tongues and claimed that "demonic confederacies" were attempting to steal the election from Trump.
- Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, was pulling ahead on Wednesday in the race to the White House.
President Donald Trump's spiritual advisor Paula White led a passionate prayer event on Wednesday in a bid to secure his reelection.
During a prayer broadcast livestreamed on her YouTube channel, White claimed that "demonic confederacies" were attempting to steal the election from Trump.
"I hear victory, victory, victory, victory in the quarters of heaven," White said as she closed her eyes and gestured passionately.
At one point White proclaimed that "angels are being dispatched right now" and appeared to speak in tongues.
"Angels are being dispatched from Africa right now," she said, adding, "They're coming here."
Speaking in tongues, in which a person utters sounds thought of as a secret language unknown to the speaker, features in Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity, as well as other religions.
Watch the moment below:
—Right Wing Watch (@RightWingWatch) November 5, 2020
The televangelist also criticized the election results so far. "We declare that we overcome every strategy of hell that has been aligned against this election, that has been aligned against your will, that has been aligned against the church," she said.
Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, was pulling ahead on Wednesday in the race to the White House, winning the crucial states of Wisconsin and Michigan. But the states that could put Biden over the top — Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and Pennsylvania — were still counting ballots on Thursday.
"The people rule," Biden said. "Power can't be taken or asserted. It flows from the people, and it is their will that determines who will be the president of the United States, and their will alone."
White, who most recently headed a Florida megachurch, has a close relationship with the president and his family. She was appointed to the White House's Faith and Opportunity Initiative in the Office of Public Liaison in late 2019.
White, 54, is considered a controversial figure in Christian circles because she preaches the prosperity gospel, which teaches that God will reward believers with material wealth if they donate generously to ministers.
In a 2017 interview with CNN, she called the criticism of her "absolute absurdity."
- Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2 launched with improved AI features
- Moto G54 5G review – affordable option with a large battery
- Reliance Brands forges partnership with ‘urban cool’ fashion brand Superdry
- ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Delhi excise policy case
- Top 10 unique benefits of adding Flax Seeds to your diet