Trump's spokesperson attacked Fox News after his election fraud lies were edited out of a interview on YouTube
- Former President Trump's spokeswoman lashed out at
Fox Newsfor censoring an interview.
Newsappeared to edit out portions of a Trump interview where he lodged false claims of election fraud.
- Fox News is being sued for defamation by voting machine company Dominion.
"WOW. So I went to post a clip from President Trump's great interview from @FoxNews last night, and lo and behold, Fox News EDITED and CHANGED what President Trump said, censoring out 45 accurately describing the Fake Election," the spokeswoman, Liz Harrington, tweeted Sunday.
Harrington, a former Republican National Committee spokeswoman, added, "Fox News DELETED President Trump's words: 'You have a Fake Election, you have an election with voter abuse and with voter fraud like nobody has ever seen before and based on that and based on what happened they are destroying our Country…'"
The ex-president has continuously made baseless claims following the
"This is just as bad as Big Tech. They are putting President Trump's honest statement, and the concerns of tens of millions of Americans, down the Memory Hole," Harrington continued.
Trump gave the interview Saturday night to Fox's Dan Bongino. In a video of the interview shared to YouTube, a jump cut can be heard in Trump's interview.
Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment by Insider.
The network is currently being sued by voting machine company Dominion Voting Systems for defamation, with the company seeking $1.6 billion in damages.
Dominion claims that Fox News personalities and guests spreading baseless claims and conspiracy theories about the company's voting equipment caused both reputational and severe economic damage to the company. Fox News has sought to dismiss the lawsuit by citing the First Amendment.
But Fox News isn't the only network to censor or cut out false election fraud claims perpetuated by its guests.
Newsmax, a smaller conservative network that settled a defamation lawsuit from Dominion in April and retracted and apologized for some of its coverage, has previously cut off the mics of guests who spouted baseless election conspiracies.
In February, before Newsmax settled with Dominion, anchor Bob Sellers cut off MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's microphone and walked off set after Lindell began launching into a rant about Dominion machines. Lindell too is being sued by Dominion.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000