USPS failed to deliver over 150,000 mail-in ballots by Election Day, according to report
- The US
Postal Servicefailed to deliver more than 150,000 ballots by Election Day, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.
- In critical swing states, less than 85% of ballots were delivered on time.
- More ballots were processed Wednesday than on the day of the election.
Less than 85% of swing-state ballots that reached the post office by Tuesday were actually delivered by Election Day, The Washington Post reported.
More than 150,000 mail-in votes were affected by the US Postal Service's inability to process them on time, a product of delays in mail delivery that have significantly worsened since Trump donor
The post office's target for on-time ballot deliveries is 97%, but in Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia the on-time rate was just 84.6%.
Pennsylvania and North Carolina offer a short window for late ballots to arrive and still be counted, provided they were mailed no later than Nov. 3. But neither Arizona nor Georgia count
"The vast majority were destined for postmark states and would be delivered on-time under state election law," Kim Frum, a
The figures stem from a lawsuit brought in August by the NAACP and other civil rights groups, as Business Insider reported. That litigation aimed at ensuring the USPS would commit to delivering every mail-in ballot on time.
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: email@example.com
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns