USPS failed to deliver over 150,000 mail-in ballots by Election Day, according to report
- The US
Postal Servicefailed to deliver more than 150,000 ballots by Election Day, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.
- In critical swing states, less than 85% of ballots were delivered on time.
- More ballots were processed Wednesday than on the day of the election.
Less than 85% of swing-state ballots that reached the post office by Tuesday were actually delivered by Election Day, The Washington Post reported.
More than 150,000 mail-in votes were affected by the US Postal Service's inability to process them on time, a product of delays in mail delivery that have significantly worsened since Trump donor
The post office's target for on-time ballot deliveries is 97%, but in Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia the on-time rate was just 84.6%.
Pennsylvania and North Carolina offer a short window for late ballots to arrive and still be counted, provided they were mailed no later than Nov. 3. But neither Arizona nor Georgia count
"The vast majority were destined for postmark states and would be delivered on-time under state election law," Kim Frum, a
The figures stem from a lawsuit brought in August by the NAACP and other civil rights groups, as Business Insider reported. That litigation aimed at ensuring the USPS would commit to delivering every mail-in ballot on time.
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons