Video shows the Speaker's lectern stolen during the Capitol insurrection being returned to Congress
- Photos and videos showed the Speaker's lectern, which was stolen during the January 6 insurrection on the US Capitol, being wheeled back in on January 13.
- Adam Christian Johnson of Parrish, Florida, has been arrested and charged in federal court for stealing the lectern, unlawfully entering the Capitol, and disorderly conduct in connection with the insurrection.
- A photo of Johnson carrying the lectern out of the Capitol while smiling and waving to the camera instantly made him one of the most visible faces of the Capitol riot.
C-SPAN cameras captured the moment the Speaker's lectern, which was stolen from the US Capitol as part of the January 6 insurrection on Congress, was returned a week later.Adam Christian Johnson of Parrish, Florida, became one of the most visible faces of the insurrection when he was photographed carrying the lectern out of the Capitol while grinning and waving to the cameras and wearing a Trump beanie hat.
—CSPAN (@cspan) January 13, 2021
—Kent K. Nishimura (@kentnish) January 13, 2021Expanded Coverage Module: capitol-siege-updates
- Portable multi-purpose laptop table
- Sikkim assembly passes budget for 2021-22
- The digital economy will thrive on customer connections and empowerment, says Adobe India's Nitin Singhal
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP