Watch the deposition tapes of Donald Trump, Don Jr., Eric Trump, Michael Cohen, and Allen Weisselberg in the NY civil fraud case
- Donald Trump's New York civil fraud trial kicked off on Monday.
- Clips from the depositions of Trump, his adult sons, Michael Cohen, and Allen Weisselberg were shown.
Former President Donald Trump's civil fraud trial in New York kicked off Monday, featuring video depositions from several of the Trumps.
New York state Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron last week found Trump had committed financial fraud by inflating his worth by as much as $3.6 billion a year to banks and insurers.
The non-jury trial starting this week will determine the final penalties to be levied, as well as if Trump and his sons intentionally broke state laws.
In its opening statement, New York Attorney General Letitia James's office included the deposition tapes of Trump and his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump. They also played clips from the depositions of Michael Cohen, Trump's former attorney, and Allen Weisselberg, the former CFO of the Trump Organization who was previously sent to prison for a tax fraud scheme at the company.
Those tapes can be viewed on the attorney general's website, alongside the opening presentation.
Trump, his adult sons, and Ivanka Trump are also expected to testify as witnesses in the trial, which is expected to last until late December.
Trump has called the case a "witch hunt" and called Engoron, the presiding judge, a "disgrace."
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- 10 Simple dietary changes to prevent heart disease
- The sure shot ‘signs’ of a successful entrepreneur
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely