White House chief of staff Mark Meadows reportedly hosted a 70-person wedding for his daughter in May, violating COVID-19 rules
White Housechief of staff Mark Meadowsreportedly hosted 70-plus people for his daughter's wedding in Atlanta, breaking state COVID-19rules.
- Photos show guests maskless at a lavish indoor ballroom, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio was also reportedly at the event.
White House chief of staff Mark Meadows reportedly hosted more than 70 guests for his daughter's wedding in Atlanta in late May, despite COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
Photos obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution show people in close clusters, dressed in tuxedos and ball gowns, and without masks at a lavish indoor venue on May 31.
At the time, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp limited gatherings to 10 people to help curb the spread of
The party took place at the upscale Biltmore Ballrooms in the city, with "crystal chandeliers, marble floors and a frame of soaring Roman arches," according to the AJC. Attendees enjoyed a live band with a three-course dinner.
There were 11 bridesmaids and eight groomsmen in attendance. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio was also reportedly at the event.
Meadows did not respond to the newspaper's request for comment. The White House also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
That same weekend, protests over the killing of George Floyd unfolded outside the White House. The day after the reported wedding, President Donald Trump participated in a widely criticized photo-op at St. John's Episcopal Church when National Guard and Park Police troops cleared demonstrators from Lafayette Square with tear gas.
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder