White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki defended Kamala Harris after a report about 'exasperation and dysfunction' in the vice president's office
- White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Vice President Kamala Harris is a "vital partner" to Biden.
- Psaki's tweet came after a CNN report that claimed Harris' aides feel she is being sidelined by Biden.
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki tweeted in defense of Vice President Kamala Harris hours after a critical report alleged "exasperation and dysfunction" going on in her office.
"For anyone who needs to hear it. @VP is not only a vital partner to @POTUS but a bold leader who has taken on key, important challenges facing the country-from voting rights to addressing root causes of migration to expanding broadband," Psaki wrote in a tweet Sunday night.
The tweet followed a report from CNN that said many of Harris' aides feel she is being sidelined by President Joe Biden and that the vice president herself feels "constrained in what she's able to do politically."
-Jen Psaki (@PressSec) November 15, 2021
Symone Sanders, a spokesperson for Harris, dismissed the report as "gossip" in a statement shared with the outlet and posted to Twitter.
"It is unfortunate that after a productive trip to France in which we reaffirmed our relationship with America's oldest ally and demonstrated U.S. leadership on the world stage, and following passage of a historic, bipartisan infrastructure bill that will create jobs and strengthen our communities, some in the media are focused on gossip - not on the results that the President and the Vice President have delivered," Sanders said.
- Maha crisis: Sena calls floor test illegal and malafide
- GST on casinos, lotteries, horse races deferred as Nirmala Sitharaman
- Shiprocket is India’s most valuable gazelle, and all set to turn unicorn in 2 years, says report
- Zepto, Dunzo among the next 122 unicorns from India — here's the complete Hurun list
- BYJU's cuts 600 jobs across Toppr, WhiteHat Jr