Zelenskyy said he was fed up with the UN and NATO's diplomatic approach to Russia's invasion: 'I don't have any more lives to give'
- "60 Minutes" asked Zelenskyy about the way he criticized
NATOand the UN over Russia's invasion.
- Zelenskyy said their diplomacy was not getting any results: "I don't have any more emotions."
In an interview with "60 Minutes," which took place on April 6 and aired Sunday, CBS correspondent Scott Pelley asked Zelenskyy: "In speaking to NATO, you called them weak. In speaking to the UN Security Council, you said, if you can't help, you shouldn't exist. Not very diplomatic of you. I wonder why you feel the need to speak so bluntly."
Zelenskyy said, according to a translated transcript from CBS: "When you are [working] at diplomacy, there are no results. All this is very bureaucratic. That's why the way I'm talking to them is absolutely justifiable. I don't have any more lives [to give]. I don't have any more emotions."
"I'm no longer interested in their diplomacy that leads to the destruction of my country. A lot of countries have changed their mind about
In early March, Zelenskyy addressed NATO directly and accused them of weakness for not imposing a no-fly zone over Ukraine: "Starting from today everyone who dies will die because of you as well, because of your weakness, because of your disunity."
NATO leaders, including US President Joe Biden, have refused to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine, which could see NATO powers shooting down Russian aircraft — a move that could precipitate a larger war.
In another video address to NATO leaders in late March, Zelenskyy asked for more military support for Ukraine, saying: "NATO has yet to show what the alliance can do to save people. To show that this is a truly powerful defense alliance in the world. The world is waiting."
Earlier this month Zelenskyy also told the UN Security Council remove Russia as a permanent member, adding: "If there is no alternative and no option, then the next option would be dissolve yourself altogether," Zelenskyy said.
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors