Prince Harry is reportedly 'heartbroken' by supposed royal family tensions, but he and Meghan Markle are 'content' in their new life
- About one year ago,
Prince Harryand Meghan Markleannounced their "step back" from official royal duties.
- Recently, journalist Tom Bradby said he thinks the couple is content in their post-royal life, but Harry is "heartbroken" over reported tension with the
- Bradby, a confidant of the couple, previously interviewed them on their fall 2019 royal tour. It was then that Markle told the journalist: "Not many people have asked if I'm OK."
It's now been a year since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex resigned from their official duties as senior members of the royal family, and they've since moved to California with their son, Archie, who turned 1 in May.Journalist Tom Bradby, who documented Harry and Markle's royal tour of South Africa in 2019 and is a friend of the couple, appeared on ITV's "Love Your Weekend with Alan Titchmarsh" to share that he thinks the duke and duchess are "content" but are dealing with heartbreak related to Harry's family.
Bradby may have been referencing the new projects that Harry and Markle started in the past year. For example, they recently announced a partnership with Spotify to produce and host podcasts under Archewell Audio, and they signed a deal with Netflix to launch their own production company.Read more: A complete timeline of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's first year since leaving the royal family
Bradby continued, referencing Harry: "I think he is heartbroken by the situation with his family. You don't necessarily need to have knowledge to know that, but I think it is true. The situation with the family clearly isn't ideal, and it has been a very difficult year for them all."Bradby previously interviewed Harry and Markle for an ITV News documentary during their fall 2019 royal tour. In a video clip that was shared widely at the time, he asked Markle if she was OK, and she said: "Not many people have asked if I'm OK."
In the same series of interviews in 2019, Bradby also asked Harry about his reported feud with his brother, Prince William - to which Harry said: "We're certainly on a different path at the moment, but I will always be there for him as I know he'll always be there for me."
Bradby added in his recent interview that he believes "there are still a lot of hurt feelings on all sides" following Harry and Markle's voluntary "step back" from the royal family."I think the whole thing has just been incredibly painful, that is obvious to everyone. It is painful all around, painful for everyone, difficult to manage," Bradby said.
Previously, a source close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told People that Markle and Harry want the year 2021 to be a "time of healing" for the world, as well as their family.
Representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore