Punjab exit poll 2019: AAP may be swept out of Punjab as per C-voter
|Punjab Exit Poll|
|Party Names||2014 Result||TimesNow - VMR||India Today Axis||C -Voter|
Translating as the land of five rivers, Punjab is a north western state in India sharing its borders with Pakistan. In India, the state shares its borders with Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan. The state of Punjab spans over an area of 50,362 square kilometers. As per the electoral rolls, there are 2,04,75,053 voters in Punjab and this figure comprises of 1,08,52,972 male electors, 96,21,574 female voters and 507 third gender voters.
In 2014 general elections for the Lok Sabha, Punjab gave 4 seats to the AAP, 4 constituencies to SAD, 3 places to INC and the remaining 2 to the other candidates. In the 2009 elections for the Parliament, the state of Punjab elected the INC from 8 constituencies, gave 4 seats to SAD and the remaining 1 seat to BJP. The results of the 2004 elections saw the state giving 8 places for SAD, 3 seats to BJP and 2 constituencies to INC.
The state of Punjab has 13 Lok Sabha seats and thus can send 13 MPs from the state for the Parliament. 7 members represent the state in the Rajya Sabha. Among the 13 Lok Sabha seats, 4 are reserved for the scheduled castes. There are 117 assembly constituencies in Punjab and the latest assembly polls happened in the state in March 2017. In 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Punjab voted in single phase on May 19, 2019 during the last phase of elections in the country.
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Spotify set to overtake Apple Podcasts by the end of this year: eMarketer
- Bitcoin scammers used Apple's iPhone 13 reveal to steal $69,000 from fans
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics
- This Indian chef says he is making his entire month's salary from one Instagram video but for him it’s just a tool
- Evergrande’s impact on Bitcoin highlights how cryptocurrencies still have growing pains