Qdoba's key strategy for beating Chipotle is an imaginary woman based on Jennifer Lawrence named 'Quentessa'
So executives have come up with a new way to set the Mexican chain apart, and it involves an imaginary woman named "Quentessa," Fast Company reports.
Quentessa is Qdoba's idea of its ideal customer.
"Guys want her number, and girls kind of want it, too," Qdoba Marketing Director David Craven told Fast Company. "She's naturally magnetic, leads a story-filled life, and invites others to do the same. She's a personification of flavor in our lives."
Qdoba loosely based Quentessa on several movie personalities, including Jennifer Lawrence's character in "Silver Linings Playbook" and Uma Thurman's characters in "Pulp Fiction" and "Kill Bill."
The company is now redesigning its restaurants and menu around Quentessa's wants and needs.
"We thought, what is the type of space, literally, that the Quentessa would want to invite people into," Craven told Fast Company. "How would she approach seating, art on the walls, bathrooms?"
For example, Qdoba has added distressed wardrobes and Gothic mirrors to its redesigned bathrooms to better suit the imaginary Quentessa.
Qdoba is based in Colorado.
It has just over 640 locations, making it about one-third the size of Chipotle.
Companies often create profiles of their ideal customers to help personify their brand.
Lululemon, for example, calls its ideal customers "Ocean" and "Duke."
Ocean is "a 32-year-old professional single woman ... who makes $100,000 a year," Lululemon founder Chip Wilson told the New York Times. She is also "engaged, has her own condo, is traveling, fashionable, has an hour and a half to work out a day."
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons