RANKED: Here are the 13 grocery stores, from Aldi to Trader Joe's, that are actually winning on price
Business Insider/Hayley Peterson
- Grocery chains like Aldi, Trader Joe's, and Walmart are battling to win over budget shoppers.
- Customer data company dunnhumby has released a ranking of which grocery brands are actually winning when it comes to offering the lowest prices.
- Aldi tops the list, along with some lesser-known names.
Grocery giants are battling to win the loyalty of budget shoppers.As Amazon beefs up its food business and Aldi plots its American takeover, the competition is tighter than ever. But, the biggest names don't necessarily line up with the best savings. Advertisement
In a January report on the grocery business, customer data company dunnhumby used publicly available financial data and a survey of 7,000 households to analyze customers' perception of which stores offer lower prices than other retailers across the US.
"Despite the wealth of commentary in the news committed to customer needs surrounding convenience, digital and having the most on-trend products, price remains more important to most shoppers - even those who have higher than average income," the report states.Here are the top 13 brands that are winning on price:
13. Sam's Club
8. Walmart Neighborhood MarketAdvertisement
7. Trader Joe's
4. Food 4 LessAdvertisement
3. WinCo Foods
2. Market BasketAdvertisement
- Singapore authorities urge caution as COVID-19 cases rise in community areas
- Twitter drops 'master', 'slave' from its algorithms
- EXCLUSIVE: Instagram Reels is being quietly tested in India just days after the TikTok ban
- Single-day spike of 561 COVID-19 cases in Odisha
- Four CCB cops test positive for COVID-19 in Mangaluru