RANKED: Here are the 13 grocery stores, from Aldi to Trader Joe's, that are actually winning on price
Business Insider/Hayley Peterson
- Grocery chains like Aldi, Trader Joe's, and Walmart are battling to win over budget shoppers.
- Customer data company dunnhumby has released a ranking of which grocery brands are actually winning when it comes to offering the lowest prices.
- Aldi tops the list, along with some lesser-known names.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUAs Amazon beefs up its food business and Aldi plots its American takeover, the competition is tighter than ever. But, the biggest names don't necessarily line up with the best savings.
AdvertisementIn a January report on the grocery business, customer data company dunnhumby used publicly available financial data and a survey of 7,000 households to analyze customers' perception of which stores offer lower prices than other retailers across the US. "Despite the wealth of commentary in the news committed to customer needs surrounding convenience, digital and having the most on-trend products, price remains more important to most shoppers - even those who have higher than average income," the report states.
Here are the top 13 brands that are winning on price:
MSME EXCHANGE 2021Join us in amplifying the voice of over 60 million MSMEs in IndiaJune 28 - 29, 05:00 PM onwards
13. Sam's Club
8. Walmart Neighborhood Market
7. Trader Joe's
4. Food 4 Less
3. WinCo Foods
2. Market Basket
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive