RANKED: These are the granola bars with the least sugar
Rebecca Harrington/Tech Insider
This is especially true with snack and cereal bars.
I eat about one granola bar a day because they're so easy to carry around when I'm feeling peckish.
As a highly processed food, however, snack bars have a lot of ingredients, one of which is almost always sugar.
Dietary guidelines say we should eat fewer than 50 grams of sugar per day. You don't want to waste up to a third of that on one bar.
We ranked some popular brands from those with the most sugar per serving to those with the least. (We didn't account for other nutritional variation, like protein and fiber content.) See how your favorite snack, cereal, or granola bar stacks up:
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024