RANKED: These are the salad dressings with the fewest calories
Rebecca Harrington/Tech Insider
Low-fat dressings may be lower in calories, but they are often high in sugars. (They have to add something in there to make it taste good after they take all that fat out.)
If you want to choose a dressing with fewer calories or fat, watch out for how much sugar it has, too. The World Health Organization recommends adults eat fewer than 50 grams of sugar per day, and you don't want to waste a chunk of that on 2 measly tablespoons of dressing.
So while this is a list of salad dressings ranked by their calories, it's also a lesson in looking at a nutrition label holistically.
To compare salad dressings, I went to the grocery store and photographed a sample. This of course doesn't include every dressing or every variety, but hopefully this list can get you started.
Here's how 17 dressings rank from the highest to lowest calories in one 2 Tbsp. serving, and I've included how much sugar each has, too:
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks